Are you looking to connect with the Military talent to fulfill critical roles?
CareerSource Okaloosa Walton has partnered with the local Military installations to match Military service members with training and development opportunities to meet your specific workforce needs.
Separating Service members can be granted up to 180 days of permissive duty to complete an internship opportunity at NO cost with an approved industry partner after unit commander provides written authorization and approval.
Benefits to Businesses
- Build a talent pipeline to fill potential job opportunities
- Access to candidates with specialized skills holding an active security clearance
- Customized training, your way!
- Worker's Compensation provided by the DoD
- Simple process, minimal paperwork
- Service members will continue receiving their normal active duty salary and benefits while in training
What is the Process?
- Register to participate and receive participant referrals by providing job titles/descriptions
- Receive Service member referrals
- Interview potential interns
- Complete Vetting checklist paperwork and Training Plan
- Begin internship after receiving approval from Service member's commander
How can my Business get Added to the List of Available Internship Opportunities?
Click below to provide company information and job titles.
What is the Duration of the Internship?
- The duration of the training is based on service member's needs as approved by their commander (usually no more than 5 months)
Why should I partner with CareerSource Okaloosa Walton?
Our team of specialized industry Managers understand your talent needs. We provide career guidance to transitioning Service members by helping them identify career goals and translate their Military skills to match your job requirements. We vet candidates before connecting them with training or employment opportunities. Our industry partners get priority of candidate referrals!
For more information, contact your Industry Account Manager!