- CSOW 2022-23 Regional Demand Occupations List (RDOL)
- CSOW 2022-23 Eligible Training Provider/Programs List by Educational Institution
- CSOW 2022-23 Eligible Training Provider List by Industry
- CSOW 2022-23 Eligible Training Provider List: Programs Classification
- Applied Technology Academy (ATA)
- Emerald Coast Technical College (ECTC)
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU) - Worldwide
- Fortis Institute (Fortis-Pensacola)
- Northwest Florida State College (NWFSC)
- Okaloosa Technical College (OTC)
- Truck Driver Institute, Inc.(TDI - Milton FL)
- Tampa Truck Driving School (TTDS - Tampa FL)
- University of West Florida (UWF)
Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) Scholarships
This program is designed to provide education and training opportunities in high demand occupations in order to increase employment, earnings and job retention for Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program participants. Available services are based on a determination of needs and include tuition and book assistance (up to $6,000), uniforms, supplies, and vocational guidance. The Goal of Florida's WIOA is to build a skilled workforce.
Who Can Apply for WIOA Scholarship?
Individuals who are:
- 18 years of age or older
- U.S. citizens and/or authorized to work in the U.S.
- Males born after December 31, 1959, must be registered for Selective Service
- Okaloosa or Walton county residents
- Earning less than $16.71 an hour
Individuals must also fall into one of the following categories:
Dislocated Worker:Individuals who have been recently laid off or received notification of upcoming termination/layoff and eligible for or exhausted unemployment compensation.
- Recipients of Reemployment Assistance
- Individuals who exhausted their Reemployment Assistance and have not worked since
- Transitioning Service Members
- Applicable Military Spouses
- Displaced Homemakers
For additional details or to determine if you fall into any of the approved categories, please click here!
Adult:Individuals who are unemployed and do not meet the Dislocated Worker category; or individuals who are employed and earning less than $16.71 an hour.
How do I apply for assistance through WIOA?
Step 1: MUST Register in Employ Florida AND attend ONE of the WIOA Orientations
Step 2: The WIOA Orientation is mandatory
To schedule an appointment for an in-person WIOA Orientation, contact a CareerSource OkaloosaWalton location:
- 409 Racetrack Rd. NW., Fort Walton Beach, FL 850.833.7587
- 761 N. 20th Street, DeFuniak Springs, FL (Emerald Coast Technical College) 850.520.5990
OR, complete the WIOA Online Orientation. After completing the Online Orientation, please contact a Career Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3: If interested, at the orientation, you will complete the following forms before receiving a full WIOA Application:
- WIOA Interest Eligibility Questionnaire Form
- Grievance, Complaint... Form.
Step 4: Before starting the FULL WIOA Application, schedule a TABE Appointment, (call a Career Advisor at 850- 833-7587). The TABE is a mandatory step. The only way to waiver the TABE test is to have a successful completed semester with at least a 2.0 GPA or above in the last 6 months. A transcipt must be provided (official or unofficial).
Step 5: Upon passing the TABE, complete the WIOA Application and submit it to a WIOA Career Advisor at one of the Orientation locations (see above).
Step 6: You can drop off sensitive documentation OR upload documents through the CareerSource Website on the "Customer Dashboard" Select "Mobile Uploads." You can upload some of the following items: Assessments, Social Security Card, Driver's License, etc.
Step 7: After your WIOA Orientation and Application have been FULLY completed, a WIOA Career Advisor will review your information and determine if your application is fully complete and/or if you are eligible and suitable for the WIOA Program. After that, a one on one appointment will then be scheduled to discuss the next steps.
- Delays are to be expected. It is Applicants responsibility to follow up with the assigned WIOA Career Advisor.